Well, today there are good news for the Mandriva supporters and users (or just curious) out there and is that Mandriva 2007.1 has been released.
This time, also, the Free edition has been made available to public download before the Club edition one. To help people interested in the download I’ll make a brief summary of what’s available right now.
First of all we have the Release Notes for this new 2007.1 edition.
The official Mandriva wiki pages for the release are:
which – as it seems to be usual – is pretty dense
Probably you will have read this somewhere else too, but it’s the case to underline how with the 2007.1 release, Mandriva has made the epochal move of the inclusion of many proprietary or closed drivers for the distro contained in a separated non-free folder on it’s mirrors. Please notice those drivers are not included on the ISO files, so you will have to choose and enable the appropriate repository to get those non-free packages.
At this time we have available those 6 ISO files (the dvd one for x86_64 architecture is being worked on) on the mirrors:
- DVD i586
- DVD x86_64 (this is a torrent file, not the actual ISO)
- installable ONE Live with GNOME for i586
- installable ONE Live with GNOME for x86_64
- installable ONE Live with KDE for i586
- installable ONE Live with KDE for x86_64
- ONE KDE i586 which is named extra i18n and probably will contain localizations files
So happy download guys!!