Recently I’ve been in need of a easy to use, possibly free, audio converter … after a little search on the various Mac devoted software directories I’ve found this real nice tool: Switch.
His features are:
- Universal audio converter supporting all popular formats
- Convert or compress sound files within minutes of downloading
- Includes batch audio converter to convert thousands of files
- Extract audio from any media file including video
- Batch converting to convert many audio files at once
- Import and convert a playlist (m3u and pls)
- Import video files and extract audio (avi, mov, mpeg)
- Extract and convert audio from DVDs
- Customizable right-click “Quick Convert” options
- Convert from multiple file formats at one time
- Access online database to add song information
- Listen to tracks prior to conversion
- Automatically normalize audio while converting
- MP3 encoder supports constant or variable bit rates
- WAV encoder supports a range of sample rates
- Use as a command line plugin for automation with software to convert or compress audio files
As you can see the OS X interface is quite clear and effective …
I did a couple of test with flac and mpc files and it worked smoothly and rapidly.
Also, is being developed for Microsoft and Linux and OS X … both for Intel and PPC machines (which is a good thing!).
So, if you’re searching for a unique software for your audio conversions need here’s your guy: Switch!