AppleInsider has published a nice, extended in-depth review of the “new” 2012 iPad from Apple.
Here’s the sum of their review:
- Beautiful Retina Display screen looks amazing
- Faster quad core graphics; 1080p movies, video and AirPlay Mirroring support
- Strong, clean, attractive design; works with existing Smart Cover and accessories
- Fast 802.11n wireless networking, 4G LTE data options, exceptional battery life
- New iCloud, iOS 5.1 features make new iPad easy to use without a PC
- Improved hardware and 4G options same price as iPad 2 was, added Personal Hotspot
- FaceTime video conferencing & much improved iSight camera for video, photos
- Low cost new iPhoto, iMovie and iWork apps make iPad a strong productivity tool
- Most popular tablet platform with the largest third party selection of apps by far
- iOS’ simplified interface means a variety of desktop features are not available
- No LED flash or HDR camera options, missing quick lock screen camera access
Just two cons in a really in-depth review – to me – seems an amazing result.
Probably I’ll get one as a present for my wife next month… we will see.