After two years of work, the entire Apulian community of WordPress users and developers has managed to be granted the ‘right’ to make a WordCamp.
Next May 11 and 12, 2018 we wait all the interested WordPress enthusiast from all over the world to come in Bari and participate to our event.
Save the date!!!
… and don’t esitate to ask me, or the team, any question you have in case of need! We are on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, or you can drop us a line!
“It’s highly unlikely that Fink and Zuckerberg came to these conclusions in a vacuum. No, they, like everyone, are subject to a change of heart and practice from a change in atmospheric pressure. From seeing the world getting worse in so ever many ways, even as we celebrate progress in some areas. From people making their voices heard with a message of “you’re making it worse”.”
— David Heinemeier Hansson, Signal v. Noise
Recently I find David’s post some of the best content posted out there on business, technology and society. Have a read, and tell me what do you thing on the subject!
What does SCRAP stand for?
The SCRAP formula contemplate these ingredients, in this exact order:
- Situation: where we’re at right now.
- Complication: the problem that needs to be dealt with.
- Resolution: your proposed way to fix the problem.
- Action: the action you want the reader to take (a click, or even a simple answer).
- Politeness: the end, on a friendly note.
A great tip from my friend Franz on productivity enhancement in business, dealing with e-mails. Read it yourself!
Coming back after another month of hiatus, here’s my list of notable readings for this Sunday. Hope you’ll enjoy them.
But, anyway, leave a comment if you like to share your opinion…
I really don’t know if 2017 has been a great year or what… for sure it has taken in my life some BIG changes:
- more awareness of how precious life is at the same time ephemeral;
- the victory of a competition for a permanent job position in the research Institute where I’ve been working as a contractor for the last eleven years of my life;
- big envolvment with the local WordPress community, which will take us to the WordCamp Bari 2018 event.
Given all of these I am going to make some changes in my on-line presence. So I am giving a second chance to this Twenty Seventeen WordPress theme to make this website a ‘professional’ standpoint for (the eventual) international audience of mine.
After the removal of JetPack’s annual stats infographic, another victim of the new Automattic approach to handling the SAS business of WordPress.com is the deletion of any special email or web-notification of the ‘anniversary’ of subscription to their service.
This year I had to lauch the iOS WordPress app to see the display of my twelfth badge, obtained the last January 4th…
I think this is quite a goal … both for me as a die-hard user, and for them for keeping up one of the few platforms I have difficulties remembering being down or defeaced.
So happy anniversary to us!