After discovering this project, I brought a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B from french company Kubii and started configuring it. I’m struggling to make it work, but I fear that the problem is with the wi-fi setting of my Raspbian connection.
Anyway give an eye to the Pi-Hole project
The Pi-hole is an advertising-aware DNS server that prevents ads from being downloaded. Once installed, configure your router to have DHCP clients use the Pi as their DNS server and then any device that connects to your network will have ads blocked without any further configuration. Alternatively, you can manually set each device to use the Raspberry Pi as its DNS server.
Great news for use consumers. Let’s hope that this SmartDeviceLink technology takes gear, gathering more automotive Big Names and a good amount of indipendent developers to it !
Lately I had to reconfigure an Ubuntu 14.04 server.
Dealing with Tomcat 7 I’ve encountered those two situations:
Enable larger file uploads via Tomcat manager
I had a ~180 war file to deploy. Ubuntu’s Tomcat setting put a limit at 50MB. This has been solved using the tips in this post by skotfred. Unfortunately I haven’t found a more orthodox way of achieving this other than modify the /usr/share/tomcat7-admin/manager/WEB-INF/web.xml in the values max-file-size and max-request-size.
Enable Tomcat monitoring in Munin
Here I’ve followed the tips over this Serverfault discussions.
Adding a [tomcat_ *] was the key.
The other day, after a do-release-update on an Ubuntu box I had some issues with a package which told me:
Errors were encountered while processing:
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
here’s how I solved:
mv /var/lib/dpkg/info/BROKEN-PACKAGE.* /tmp/
dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq BROKEN-PACKAGE
At work a colleague asked me to do a system-wide installation of the R module DESeq2 in one of our internal servers.
The installation procedure is quite straight-forward:
Unfortunately I had some issues on my system, in fact I got:
Warning in fun(libname, pkgname) :
couldn't connect to display "localhost:12.0"
* DONE (maSigPro)
The downloaded source packages are in
1: In install.packages(pkgs = doing, lib = lib, ...) :
installation of package ‘XML’ had non-zero exit status
2: In install.packages(pkgs = doing, lib = lib, ...) :
installation of package ‘annotate’ had non-zero exit status
3: In install.packages(pkgs = doing, lib = lib, ...) :
installation of package ‘genefilter’ had non-zero exit status
4: In install.packages(pkgs = doing, lib = lib, ...) :
installation of package ‘geneplotter’ had non-zero exit status
5: In install.packages(pkgs = doing, lib = lib, ...) :
installation of package ‘DESeq2’ had non-zero exit status
I then tried to install manually the various dependencies, like XML. Still no luck. After a quick Google search I found that I was missing a couple of -dev packages on my Ubuntu machine, so I installed them:
root@server:~# apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev libxml2-dev
… and then re-tried to install DESeq2. This time everything was ok. Problem solved!