“I think there is a real relationship [between the two]: a society that tells people that they can achieve anything will also be a society that very swiftly develops a problem with self-esteem. If everybody expects to achieve everything, you’re going to get an awful lot of people who are feeling that something’s gone dramatically wrong with their lives.”Alain de Botton
It was 1985 when this song was published… who could have guessed that it would be so relevant 30 years later?
- The Cult of Busy – from the (Italian) blog Pandemia.info cames back this link from twelve years ago. Which I still found relevant, don’t you?
- Show me a 10ft paywall, I’ll show you a 12ft ladder.
- Gen-Z Guide to Freelancing
- Obsidian: The All-in-One Documentation Powerhouse – I do have to find some time and get into this sooner or later;
- Talk-To-Think, Think-To-Talk, and leadership – thanks to Luca Sartoni for the link;
- A Product Manager’s Guide to doing 1:1 Meetings with Engineers – learning tips from Franz is always enriching;
- What is ‘Gothic’? It’s more complicated than you think. – ‘Hidden in the architecture of some of the world’s most famous buildings is a cultural exchange between Europe and the Middle East.’
- How Universal Control on macOS Monterey works – a long awaited feature is finally available;
- Your helpfulness at work is hurting your job performance;
- 5 Important New Features and Updates in WordPress 5.9
- Contatto non rilevatoIn tutta l’Ue le app di tracciamento per il Covid-19 sono state un fallimento – an Italian article which summons the main reasons why the contact-tracing apps did not work in entire Europe in the fight to COVID-19;
- Everything You Need to Know About Openverse and the WordPress Photo Directory
- Un invito a ridurre il consumo di media da Seth Godin
- What’s the next step for media (and for us)? – a post from 2017, which still stands true after all this time!
- Thoughts on Substack’s Subscription Model
- Apple AirTags – ‘A perfect tool for stalking’
- Writing with respect – Users are people. Treat them well.
- Practical Ways to Post Something Every Day
- The economics of streaming is making songs shorter
- morals in the machine
UPDATE = since I know there are a couple of USA readers here, I wanted to share that I am really concerned about this conflict exploded at 1650 miles (2655Km or 29 driving hours) from my home. After the first hours of news-bombing in I’ve adopted this tecnique … I am doing the best I can at work and in life with people I meet, hoping the same happens at all levels. I am giving trust to our Government and EU (and also UK and all our NATO allies) to be able to solve this crisis. I am aware that there will be wounds everywhere… but, as the saying goes “better hurt than died”!