- When Solid State Drives are not that solid
- How We Changed the Facebook Friends Icon
- Designing Data-Driven Interfaces – Telling the story of your data
- The REAL reason Slack became a billion dollar company – And why its business model is evilly brilliant and Twitter is going nowhere
- I Deleted My Entire iTunes Library And You Can Too
A seven link bonanza for what I wish will be a relaxed summer Sunday for you all …
- UH OH: Windows 10 will share your Wi-Fi key with your friends’ friends
- Designmodo: Great Font Combination
- The Problem With Putting All the World’s Code in GitHub — everybody loves Github. But this love can’t be blindfolded!;
- re:designed – Eli Schiff on the Apple iOS Music app (plus Facebook and Instagram) redesign;
- Blogging Site Medium Rolls Out Password-Free Email Logins – WTF? security via non-encrypted email? They must be kidding!
- Concord, Contrast, and Conflict… Oh my! – a nice post from Winter Hebert explaining typography;
- Jony’s Patience — you can’t achieve success with a short commitment. Jonathan Ive 23+ years at Apple tells us so…
Today’s suggestions are – in my opinion – little pearls. The kind of reading that takes time to be assimilated, and then some other time to grow inside you and take you to some new ideas or approach… Enjoy them!
- Dieter Rams and the Relevance of Functionalism — who doesn’t love his approach to design and philosophy of stuff we use everyday? Here you can learn a thing or two about him and his vision…
- Some thoughts on Facebook Instant Articles – my friends at Sketchin wrote an essay on the newest offer to publishers by THE social network, and the positive implications it can have for editors and readers. If just one could trust about FB and his ‘black hole’ approach to everything that’s published on their servers…
- Falling In Love With A Hard Drive … or, How To Name Your Computer and Other Machines — Yes, I am a geek. Always use different naming schemes for the computer networks I manage. Have a laugh reading this [BTW, the NamingSchemes.com cited in the post is part of my bookmark collections since last year!];
- My icon design workflow at Bjango
- In defence of WordPress — today’s trend seems to blame this CMS, alongside any other project wrote in PHP. But no one – except it’s growing user base – seems to notice or appreciate their daily efforts.
I’ve been offline with my family this week-end, so the list comes a bit late.
To make amend this time I’m proposing seven links, instead of the usual five…
- How This Tokyo Bookstore Made Me Fall Back In Love With Print — Tom Downey on Medium shows us this amazing bookstore in Tokyo;
- Facebook Visual Identity, 2012–2013 — for who like me likes branding and the studies on visual identity, this post with a sea of details is like icing on the cake;
- Introducing Windows 10 editions
- Full Circle Magazine: GIMP special edition — a 45-page PDF special on the best open source alternative to Adobe’s Photoshop;
- UX is Useless – Don’t waste time, just start writing code!
Robinson Meyer & Adrienne LaFrance — The Atlantic