(just a quick test to see if and how the Instagram URL works in WordPress.com).
- Explain Bitcoin Like I’m Five
- Ethics can’t be a side hustle
- Instagram Makes a Smooth Move to Python 3
- We need to document macOS
- Google Spent 2 Years Studying 180 Teams. The Most Successful Ones Shared These 5 Traits
Three months after the latest, here it is again a selection of nice reads I want to share with you. Hope you’ll enjoy it!
- The ideal design workflow – this excursus over the tools in modern design workflow made me laugh 🙂
- Instagram’s Abomination, part II — Eli Schiff examines the new Instagram logo;
- 3 years of Unsplash — Unsplash’s team tells us the growth from a site with nice photos to a service with API and co.;
- Essential Ingredients of a WordPress Website — Sara Rosso speech on the best practices for a good and well executed (WordPress) website;
- On icons – iA essay on icons usage in modern design;
Today here’s a seven link bonanza for what I wish will be a relaxed summer Sunday for you all …
- UH OH: Windows 10 will share your Wi-Fi key with your friends’ friends
- Designmodo: Great Font Combination
- The Problem With Putting All the World’s Code in GitHub — everybody loves Github. But this love can’t be blindfolded!;
- re:designed – Eli Schiff on the Apple iOS Music app (plus Facebook and Instagram) redesign;
- Blogging Site Medium Rolls Out Password-Free Email Logins – WTF? security via non-encrypted email? They must be kidding!
- Concord, Contrast, and Conflict… Oh my! – a nice post from Winter Hebert explaining typography;
- Jony’s Patience — you can’t achieve success with a short commitment. Jonathan Ive 23+ years at Apple tells us so…
Beauty is in honesty and in the real. You have a voice. You have the tools. You have everything you need. So do it. And don’t stop half way. Put yourself out there and you’ll inspire others who share your struggle.
Every scroll through Twitter puts at least one person’s bad day, shitty experience, or moment of snark in front of me. These are good happy people – I know many of them in real life – but for whatever reason, Twitter is the place they let their shit loose. And while it’s easy to do, it’s not comfortable to be around. I don’t enjoy it.
Every scroll through Instagram puts someone’s good day in front of me. A vacation picture, something new they got that they love, pictures of nature, pictures of people they love, places they’ve been, and stuff they want to cheer about. It’s just flat out harder to be negative when sharing a picture. This isn’t a small thing – it’s a very big deal. I feel good when I browse Instagram.
That’s the feel that matters.