Jill Lepore’s new book looks into the origins of our diet of misinformation, conspiracy theories, and clickbait.The New York Review
- The Truth Is Paywalled But The Lies Are Free – should I add more to that title?
- How TikTok recommends videos #ForYou — if you’re into the platform for the business, this could be useful;
- American Migration Patterns Should Terrify the GOP — “Millennial movers have hastened the growth of left-leaning metros in southern red states such as Texas, Arizona, and Georgia. It could be the biggest political story of the 2020s.”
That’s it for this week, just 3 items… but dense.
After buying a couple of top-notch MacPro, XDR Cinema Display, 16″ inch MacBook Pro, extinguish my mortage loan and a dozen of motorcycles (and a parking for them) I’d spend the money following @SaintHoax tips.
- Friday For Future ~ the ‘official’ website of the initiative;
- Youth climate strikes to take place in more than 100 countries ~ today’s article on The Guardian;
- The Fifteen-Year-Old Climate Activist Who Is Demanding a New Kind of Politics ~ from The New Yorker a deepen article on the figure and ideals of Greta Thunberg and the people sharing her feelings over the politicians and their take on climate change.
“I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic. I want you to feel the fear I feel every day. And then I want you to act.”Greta Thunberg
- Was There a Civilization On Earth Before Humans?
- Web Typography Resources – A (growing) list of web typography related apps, tools, plugins and other resources for web designers and web developers.
- Silicon Valley’s Saudi Arabia Problem
- Tech’s high speed, and my low tide
- How RSS Feeds Will Give You More Efficiency And Control
James Atkinson “Resident and close observer of Italy since 2006” tries to tell us the reasons of this in a Quora thread →
As long as Italians continue to feel like subjects instead of citizens, the only thing on the menu is economic and political stagnation.
Is the cure, according to James … and I, born here more than forty years ago, have to nod and agree 😦
Finally someone who questions the life-style and the human relationship approach of the distorted world of the Silicon Valley.