If there’s a single post to read this week, here is it!
With this awesome and fearsome power over the lives of billions of people around the world should come an equal measure of responsibility. Along with decency, empathy, and some gawd damn ethics.
David Heinemeier Hansson, via →
- Is the Silicon Valley Dynasty Coming to an End?
- 6 Rules To Live By When You Work In An Office But Have Remote Team Members
- Your Body Text Is Too Small – why website body text should be bigger, and ways to optimize it;
- How to not suck at design, a 5 minute guide for the non-designer.
- Why Diversity Matters in Technology: Hello From Buffer’s Inclusivity Catalyst
- Silicon Valley has an Empathy Vacuum
- Stop pretending there’s a difference between “online” and “real life”
- What We Learned From Our First Year on Medium
- Secrets, lies and Snowden’s email: why I was forced to shut down Lavabit
A collection of thought-provoking illustration by Irina Blok on the life in Silicon Valley. Looking at them seems only pain, with no real gain … could that really be like this ?
What happens when you tell the history of the birth of Silicon Valley a different way? It offers a map to a generation of young men and women looking for new leadership models.
This is one of the most interesting and inspiring post read in a while over the ‘making of’ Silicon Valley. With a perspective on womens.