If you ever code something that ‘feels like a hack but it works’, just remember that a CPU is literally a rock that we tricked into thinking.
- Is the Silicon Valley Dynasty Coming to an End?
- 6 Rules To Live By When You Work In An Office But Have Remote Team Members
- Your Body Text Is Too Small – why website body text should be bigger, and ways to optimize it;
- How to not suck at design, a 5 minute guide for the non-designer.
- A Beautifully Illustrated Glossary Of Typographic Terms You Should Know
- DKNG’s Dan Kuhlken and Nathan Goldman: Why Staying Small is the Goal
- 2016 in Social Media
- Electron is Flash for the desktop – at last someone says it out loud!
- For programmers, the ultimate office perk is avoiding the office entirely
And please regulate, regulate, regulate this industry, while you can.
Worth every second the time you’ll need to read this … especially if, like me, you live in Europe, and then share it everywhere you can!
Our growth, both personally and as a society, is dependent on knowledge. And yet. Our brains are only so big, and our physical capabilities limited. Are we meant to know everything? Do we really need all this information just because it is available to us? Is this where we break?
Tobias van Schneider
- A Map of Lexical Distances Between Europe’s Languages
- Apple’s iCloud is a multi-cloud beast
- The benefits of learning how to code layouts with CSS
- The “Other Side” Is Not Dumb
- Fix the internet by writing good stuff and being nice to people
The last two articles proposed are really dear to my heart and feelings on how the web has to grow to be a better version of ourselves… and the last one is one of the most intelligent and greatly written post on the topics I’ve ever read.
- Why Diversity Matters in Technology: Hello From Buffer’s Inclusivity Catalyst
- Silicon Valley has an Empathy Vacuum
- Stop pretending there’s a difference between “online” and “real life”
- What We Learned From Our First Year on Medium
- Secrets, lies and Snowden’s email: why I was forced to shut down Lavabit