- Hackers Remotely Kill a Jeep on the Highway—With Me in It – a Wired.com post on the security of the automotive industry. Personally I’m really scared by this since the general approach I see is driven by a “We Can Do This!” mentality other than a safer – and more conscious – attention to all the risks that this kind of software, linked on an unsecure network, attempts to human lives;
- The Web we have to save – a wonderful post. A melting one. True in every word and broken hope. Thinking about it, maybe it deserved to be given a post on his own;
- Business models, working hours and the crazy ICT in Italy – maybe someone told you to come to Italy to work, here’s an honest hands-on story of the state of the art of ICT jobs here. My – and not only mine – daily struggle…
- The Post-Mac Interface – “20 years later, did the Anti-Mac Interface unseat the original Macintosh design principles?”
- Your big data toolchain is a big security risk! – another giant with feet of clay in the ICT world. Big Datas, managed more by buzzwords than actual durable, sustainable, reliable technologies;
Chasing the scoops because they bring pageviews is fine, but in the end we need to take a step back and write about things that really matters.
Om Malik, Offscreen Magazine #10
Another interesting read for the day, this time from Forbes…
I think to power more of the web, WordPress needs to go from a blogging tool that can make websites, to a website tool that can make blogs. It’s a fundamental shift, but I believe that’s where WordPress is headed.
Collis Ta’eed (CEO of Envato), THE FUTURE OF WORDPRESS
Become part of a project to discover the topology and the structure of the Internet! Help us build signal coverage maps! Download Portolan for mobile and for desktop and join the Portolan network!
Portolan→ is a research project run by the University of Pisa and the Informatics and Telematics Institute of the Italian National Research Council (IIT-CNR). Portolan’s aim is to enhance the current knowledge of the Internet structure and build maps of the mobile signal coverage, all with the contribution of volunteers, such as people like me & you!
Find out more about Portolan in the FAQ section.
An interesting article byover the pages of WP Tavern…