- Using A Static Site Generator At Scale: Lessons Learned
- The 40 Best Places to Learn Something New Every Day
- Face the Force – A quick and simple service for getting pictures of Star Wars characters for use as placeholders in your designs or code.
- Why Would Anyone Invest in Twitter Now? – two months ago that was the sentiment on Twitter, today rumors says Google will try to acquire them;
Now at 4,99€/$ I’ve finally bought it, feeling that to be the right price for a software that fills no need but just entertains me.
Tweetbot (for Mac and iOS) has a long and honored tradition of being one of the most gorgeous looking and functionality rich client available for Twitter, along with an history of polemics for its pricing update policy.
In fact with macOS ‘Sierra’ and iOS 10 coming in the next few months – maybe just after this summer – I am fearing, and I’m not alone in this, that this heavy discount promo is funneling a new breed of paying clients that will face a paid-upgrade version n°5 for the new Apple operating system.
Anyway only time will tell, and this is the lowest price ever for this good Twitter client. So if you need its feature set, compared to the free official client, why not go for it?
Today here’s a seven link bonanza for what I wish will be a relaxed summer Sunday for you all …
- UH OH: Windows 10 will share your Wi-Fi key with your friends’ friends
- Designmodo: Great Font Combination
- The Problem With Putting All the World’s Code in GitHub — everybody loves Github. But this love can’t be blindfolded!;
- re:designed – Eli Schiff on the Apple iOS Music app (plus Facebook and Instagram) redesign;
- Blogging Site Medium Rolls Out Password-Free Email Logins – WTF? security via non-encrypted email? They must be kidding!
- Concord, Contrast, and Conflict… Oh my! – a nice post from Winter Hebert explaining typography;
- Jony’s Patience — you can’t achieve success with a short commitment. Jonathan Ive 23+ years at Apple tells us so…
A small change of habit today… just four news, instead of the usual five!
- The art of Sketches: Renzo Piano
- Blogging in English – When It’s Not Your Primary Language — basically those tips are the ones that made me start this very blog in October 2005;
- How To Create Incredible Black & White iPhone Photos — suggestions to improve our black & white photographs before we shoot them … with any camera! iPhone comprehended;
- Sorry publishers, the revolution will not be read about inside of your walls — Matt Galligan comments on the future of publishing, taking the chance offered by the Apple announce of a new iOS app … Apple News, a Flipboard/Zite like app;
Seven days later, here I am againg…
Every scroll through Twitter puts at least one person’s bad day, shitty experience, or moment of snark in front of me. These are good happy people – I know many of them in real life – but for whatever reason, Twitter is the place they let their shit loose. And while it’s easy to do, it’s not comfortable to be around. I don’t enjoy it.
Every scroll through Instagram puts someone’s good day in front of me. A vacation picture, something new they got that they love, pictures of nature, pictures of people they love, places they’ve been, and stuff they want to cheer about. It’s just flat out harder to be negative when sharing a picture. This isn’t a small thing – it’s a very big deal. I feel good when I browse Instagram.
That’s the feel that matters.