A bookmark for myself…
ScudCloud is a non official open-source Linux (Debian, Ubuntu, Kubuntu, Mint, Arch, Fedora) desktop client app for Slack.
ScudCloud improves the Slack integration with Linux desktops featuring:
- multiple teams support
- native system notifications
- count of unread direct mentions at launcher/systray icon
- alert/wobbling on new messages
- channels quicklist (Unity only)
- optional tray notifications and “Close to Tray”
- follow your desktop activity and will stay online while you’re logged in (if correct packages are installed)
Lately I had to reconfigure an Ubuntu 14.04 server.
Dealing with Tomcat 7 I’ve encountered those two situations:
Enable larger file uploads via Tomcat manager
I had a ~180 war file to deploy. Ubuntu’s Tomcat setting put a limit at 50MB. This has been solved using the tips in this post by skotfred. Unfortunately I haven’t found a more orthodox way of achieving this other than modify the /usr/share/tomcat7-admin/manager/WEB-INF/web.xml in the values max-file-size and max-request-size.
Enable Tomcat monitoring in Munin
Here I’ve followed the tips over this Serverfault discussions.
Adding a [tomcat_ *] was the key.
The other day, after a do-release-update on an Ubuntu box I had some issues with a package which told me:
Errors were encountered while processing: BROKEN-PACKAGE E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
here’s how I solved:
mv /var/lib/dpkg/info/BROKEN-PACKAGE.* /tmp/ dpkg --remove --force-remove-reinstreq BROKEN-PACKAGE
At work a colleague asked me to do a system-wide installation of the R module DESeq2 in one of our internal servers.
The installation procedure is quite straight-forward:
Unfortunately I had some issues on my system, in fact I got:
… Warning in fun(libname, pkgname) : couldn't connect to display "localhost:12.0" * DONE (maSigPro) The downloaded source packages are in ‘/tmp/RtmpfdD2RC/downloaded_packages’ Warning messages: 1: In install.packages(pkgs = doing, lib = lib, ...) : installation of package ‘XML’ had non-zero exit status 2: In install.packages(pkgs = doing, lib = lib, ...) : installation of package ‘annotate’ had non-zero exit status 3: In install.packages(pkgs = doing, lib = lib, ...) : installation of package ‘genefilter’ had non-zero exit status 4: In install.packages(pkgs = doing, lib = lib, ...) : installation of package ‘geneplotter’ had non-zero exit status 5: In install.packages(pkgs = doing, lib = lib, ...) : installation of package ‘DESeq2’ had non-zero exit status
I then tried to install manually the various dependencies, like XML. Still no luck. After a quick Google search I found that I was missing a couple of -dev packages on my Ubuntu machine, so I installed them:
root@server:~# apt-get install libcurl4-openssl-dev libxml2-dev
… and then re-tried to install DESeq2. This time everything was ok. Problem solved!